HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 3

From:
B Porsche <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 17:32:49 -0800
     Barry, did the DLT(s) come off of another (non-HP3000) machine?

     Paul
     ORBiT Software

Subject: OFF TOPIC: REPAIR OF DLT
Author:  <[log in to unmask]> at INTERNET
Date:    12/10/98 8:37 AM

My apologies for this off topic email but this is the best place I can think to
turn to.  We have a DTL4000 (which we do wish to connect to our HP3000) which is
in need of repair.

It is a Quantum DLT4000 Model TH5AA.  Whenever we plug it in all that happens is
the lights flash on the front panel continuously.   We also have another one in
which we know the power supply is bad but we don't know what else is wrong with
it.

We are looking for someone to repair at least one of these for us.  We would
like to be able to get an estimate before we do so though. We would be willing
to ship them off first and let someone take a look at them and give us a repair
estimate for a small fee.

Any help anyone can give us would be greatly appreciated.  Please respond via
email.

Thanks!

Barry Durand, Systems Engineer II, [log in to unmask]
"These are my opinions, not necessarily the ones of my employer"
Please note that Baton Rouge and surrounding areas now have a
new area code.  It is 225.  When calling Baton Rouge please use
225 instead of 504.