HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 3

From:
John MacLerran <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John MacLerran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 10:30:17 -0700
Hello again,

The problem may not be what I thought it was at first.

When I try to run a program with the ported version of Skipper, I get the
following:

run ai211p;lib=s;xl="skipxl.skipper.design,xl.pub.sys"
UNRESOLVED EXTERNALS: dtod_  (LDRERR 512)
Unable to load program to be run. (CIERR 625)

When I look at the skipper source code, the only calls I find to anything
named dtod are referenced as dtod', which, thanks to Keven Miller and Jerry
Fochtman, seems to be a function in the compiler library and/or sl.pub.sys.
Where could the call to dtod_ be coming from? Is it possible to copy the
dtod' function in sl.pub.sys to be dtod_ in sl.pub.sys and still have
everything work? I'm kinda rusty on sl management.

Thanks, Art, for the tip on SRN. We're still a customer, using their IRIS
product. I'll contact them about costs to finish this port.

Thanks!

John MacLerran wrote:

> Hello Gentle Listers,
>
> I have a rather convoluted question, but here goes.
>
> We use a utility named Skipper in all of our Cobol/Image/View
> applications; it works well, simplifying the Image/View calls and
> offering other utility functions. The only downside is that it is still
> compatibility mode software.
>
> <snip> see original.

  John MacLerran
  IT Systems Analyst                       email:   [log in to unmask]
  Idaho State University                             V(208) 236-2872
  http://www.isu.edu/~macljohn                       F(208) 236-3673