HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 3

From:
Brad Feazell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brad Feazell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:01:34 -0600
We are replacing a very fine HP3000 payroll package, Cort Payroll, for the
same reason - Y2K.

Although Cort has a very good product, they haven't sold a copy on the
HP3000 since 1996 and have therefore decided to focus on Windows. I don't
think for a minute that the Windows version will satisfy the way the HP3000
version has for the past 12 years but we don't have a choice.

--
Brad Feazell

Therm-O-Link wrote in message ...
Well, we will soon be moving our accounting system off of the HP3000 and
onto an NT server.  Why, you may ask?  Well, the old accounting system
was not Y2K-compliant, and was about 10 years old.  So, we did a software
search and identified two packages that ran on the HP3K and a couple
that did not.  The HP3K packages were never in the running for one very
disturbing reason:  The sales people for the first package blew us off
when we tried to get more info, and the second one never returned our
calls.

It's going to be a tough sell to keep growing the HP3K with third-party
solution providers like these.

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: (330) 527-2124                   P. O. Box 285
  Fax: (330) 527-2123                   Garrettsville, Ohio  44231