HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 3

From:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Demos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 16:43:19 -0500
Brad Feazell wrote:

> I'm thinking of building a browser based alternative to this Transact
> program. In this scenario, I would have a web server, probably IIS, that
> provides the ODBC attachment to the indexed Image dataset. I've done
> something similar with Visual Interdev and MS Access. If I can pull this
> off, I should be able to reduce my user count on the 3000 substantially.

Brad, if:

1.  Enough users ONLY use the Transact program and
2.  The LDEVs are fixed

Wouldn't it be much simpler to set up a routine that uses NO Wait
I/O for these ports and services them as they need this program?
No rewrite would be necessary, except the routine to get the no
wait I/O working.

Hope this helps.

Nick D.