HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 3

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 22:40:40 +0100
Joe after Tony wrote...
>We feel that this is a great way to get some of the much needed projects for
>MPE, done.  HP can't be all things to all people, and with the number of
>requests coming in the door - CFE is a perfect vehicle to get some of these
>done.

I wonder if it would make sense to supplement the CFE program with another
flavour of CFE i.e. Contribution Funded Enhancements... It seems to me that
there are possibly quite a number of enhancements that could also be done
by non-lab persons (e.g. things that don't require MPE/iX source code access
or implement "standalone" utils). In this contribution oriented flavour the
lab person could act as a coordinator and submittal point, and could use his
or her "saved time" for project work that can only be done by lab folks (eg
64bit extensions, IMAGE internals, etc etc). The contributions could be put
into something like CONTRIB.TELESUP or /usr/contrib or alike and thus become
available via FOS... Any opinions? Any volunteers?

Lars (forgot the $think_pink$ plug)