HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 3

From:
Ed Stouder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ed Stouder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 09:03:07 -0500
If I recall from the little bit of ISO-9000 I had( in a previous life ), It
depends on what you are getting ISO-9000 certified in. A company can get its
Manufacturing process and/or Sales process certified without getting its
Accounting department(process) certified. From what I was told most
companies don't get the entire company certified. If you were getting your
computer department(process) certified as part of ISO-9000, you may very may
need to have the division of duties described. On the other hand, if you
were getting other departments/processes certified then the backup
procedures question may be all that is needed.

Ed Stouder                    Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]              Cincinnati, Ohio

The opinions expressed do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of
Beechglen Development. They might, but not necessarily. They represent
solely the opinions of the author.