HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 3

From:
Ron Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 17:58:02 +1100
At 11:57 18/12/1998 +0500, Divesh Singhal wrote:l

>What are the limiting features of HP 3000 as opposed to the OPEN systems on
>offer today?
>Is there a market for migration from HP 3000 to a more state-of-the-art
>system like HP 9000?

The HP3000 is more OPEN than any other platform.  Gartner says so.

If you're concerned about 'state of the art', the HP3000 and its MPE/iX
operating system is many miles in front of any UNIX or derivitave system,
HP-UX very much included.  No hardware/operating system combination
in my nearly 40 years of experience has a more robust file management system,
or a more simple, easy-to-use user interface.  I've run up against more
sophisticated
DBMS, but none were so rock-solid as TurboIMAGE.

I weep rivers of tears and shudder in agony at the very thought of moving to
any other development environment.

There .... I said it.  Trust me.  **I** don't play around with my interns.

Ron Burnett