HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 3

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 15:01:16 -0800
Hi,

> This should be plain text. Please let me know if it still has attachments.

This one has no attachments.

I didn't comment on the first one, but I use a "steam powered" mail
reader (elm), which doesn't handle them well at all :)

> not fond of html messages and direct email responses are to be expected -

I don't know to what extent they're expected.  Usually, if I'm answering
a question for someone, I'll do a "group reply", which (for me) sends
the reply to the sender *and* the group...because (1) someone else is
probably interested in the same thing, and (2) it might save another
person the task of replying.

> therefore, placing anti-spam text in the return email address is not
> advisable.

It makes it harder for people to reply offline to you.  At least four
times, I've just given up when I've belatedly noticed
that I mailed a response to [log in to unmask]

If you're asking for help, don't add a barrier to getting the answer :)

> Are there any other preferences that I should be aware of?

Well, we tend to prefer MPE over Unix :)

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html