HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 3

From:
"Newman, Kevin:" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Newman, Kevin:
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:30:33 -0700
It doesn't hurt at all.  In fact, you can reference my SR#: 5003430165
which is about this exact problem.

<KLUDGE ALERT>
I have managed a work-around by using Perl for my CGI script, splitting
the name-value pairs and calling a MPE command file with the values,
having the command file read the values in order and do setvars and
having the program (running in the command file) call HPCIGETVAR for
each value expected.  You must run the program with ';stdin=$null' in
order to get this to work.  MAJOR KLUDGE!!!! , but it works.  Problems:
1. many layers to go through.  2. If your data is too big, the variable
may not handle it.  3. It should work right in the first place and not
need this mess.
</KLUDGE ALERT>

Kevin "Looking at Java now" Newman