HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

From:
Dennis Handly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dennis Handly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 03:43:23 GMT
Stan Sieler ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>: What puzzles me about this is that the functionality has been in the
>: loader for over a decade...and, I thought, in COBOL.

In the COBOL compiler but not in the language.

Before the support was transferred to Walter, I mentioned that it would
be trival to add outer block secondary entry points.

But as I've said all along, these secondary entry points are an obsolete
user inteface technology.  Use of INFO strings or hard links for POSIX
are better.

The TRUE and FALSE keywords can only be used in EVALUATE.