HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 11:49:02 -0500
Bruce,

Isn't that what I said? We were talking about a fully defined item list.
Leonard was just commenting that all of the items of the dataset were
included in the item list and he didn't see where that was any better than
an "@". And in that situation, all of the previously compiled programs would
continue to execute. The only real issue is if an item is deleted from the
database. But then that is another story altogether.

Doug.

Doug Werth                                     Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                                       Cincinnati, Ohio

The opinions expressed do not necessarily represent the views or opinions
of Beechglen Development. They might, but not necessarily. They represent
solely the opinions of the author.

Leonard Berkowitz wrote in his original message:
>>>As a consultant, I saw one application (not where I am consulting now, I
>>hasten to
>>>add!) where list processing was used, but the list of items consisted of
>>every item
>>>in each data set. The combination of the worst of item lists and '@', eh?

Bruce Toback replied: