HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

From:
Brad Feazell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brad Feazell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 20:35:15 -0600
Art,

I read in an article last week that most of the engineering is HP but
according to contract, HP is bound to remain a minor player in IA-64
marketing and publicity. IA-64 is an Intel project. My prediction, FWIW,
IA-64 will not be a boon for HP.

Funny how the new technology that HP is working on (W- something? - I forget
the name) has Intel's interest again. According to the article I read, HP
will again agree to take a back seat to Intel when it comes to credits. This
is apparently some of the same technology that HP has used to extend the
performance of PA-RISC.

--
Brad Feazell