HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 14:41:06 +0100
Hello knowledgeable ones...

Can anybody advise me some good (and short) tutorial on LDAP (Lightweight
Directory Access Protocol)? Or even better... lend me a hand and give me
a few tips or guidelines regarding setup and usage?

Picked up the sources from http://www.OpenLDAP.org (they now use the much
more porting-friendly GNU autoconf approach) and it seems that I can get
my prototype slapd up and running. It even seems to talk to client tools
like ud or ldapsearch. I just don't have any idea how to setup and use the
stuff to get some reasonable results without wading thru mountains of doc.

TIA, Lars "impatient or lazy?" ;-)

(this ldap-alpha-based prototype is *far* from being called LDAP/iX so far)