HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

From:
"James Clark, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Clark, Jr.
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 09:53:50 -0500
I believe it has to do with CHGROUP command. When you log on as you, you do
not want additional passwords. Account password is needed because, by
default you have access to PUB. And User password is required, are you who
you say you are. But you were already given permission to be in your home
group, thus no additional security. You can add a new user and not give him
a home group and each time he logs on he has to type in the whole sequence
HELLO <USERNAME>.<ACCOUNTNAME>,<GROUPNAME> and he will have to give 3
passwords if they have been set. Now back to the CHGROUP command. Once you
have logged on you can change group to another group within your account and
if no group password is set you have access to that other group.
I hope this helped and not add any more confusion.

James