HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:32:54 GMT
The group password, which I consider next to useless and have never used, is
intended to keep people out of other peoples logon group.  If a group has a
password and it is my home group, then it will never ask me for the password.
Also, if I am an account manager or system manager, then the group password
will never be asked for.  However, if I logon like "Hello user.acct,grpname"
and grpname has a password and it is not my logon group, and I am a lowly user
without even AM capability, then it will ask for the password.  Although I
haven't tried CHGROUP in this regard, I would assume that under those same
conditions, I would have to supply the group password in order to chgroup into
another group.