HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

From:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 17:13:15 -0800
On Dec 3,  3:46pm, Donna Garverick wrote:
> > On one of my larger systems I have an issue when I need to terminate large
> > amounts of users (1000+) connected via TCP/IP off the system in a timely
> > manner....
>
> i'd recommend getting a copy of 'abortj' from jazz and giving it a try.
> it 'intelligently' tries to get rid of vt sessions and (i believe) accepts
> wildcards.

The ABORTTJOB UDC and abortj script are on jazz at:
   http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/src.html

If you discover that ABORTJOB does not meet your needs please let me know
and I will try to fix it.

Here is the syntax for ABORTJOB (udc):

# The ABORTJOB UDC aborts one or more jobs based on a job ID or a user ID.
# It supports wildcarding in [jname,]user.acct names and excluding jobs that
# would otherwise match.  Verifies the job(s) were really aborted and if
# not tries a few tricks to abort the job.
#
# Syntax:
#   ABORTJ [jobID ... userID ... jobID...] [- jobID [-] userID...]
#          [;SCHED | NOSCHED]
# where jobID  = [#]J|Snnn, e.g. j321 #s123 #j432 ...
#       userID = @J | @S | @ | "[@J|S:][jobname,]user[.acct]"
#                e.g. user1.acct1 jobname,usr2.acct2 @.acct3 user3 ...
#       SCHED   = if specified abort matching scheduled jobs too.
#       NOSCHED = (default) do not abort any scheduled jobs.
#   note: ambiguous specs, like '@s' meaning all user names ending in 's'
#         are treated as 'all sessions', and 'j234' meaning the user
#         'J234' is interpreted as a job #J234.
#   note: a space is the only delimiter between each jobID and userID since
#         a comma is needed to delimit the optional jobname.
#
# An NSCONTROL KILLSESS= # is done for sessions *only* prior to the abortjob to
# reduce the chances of ghost sessions.