HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

From:
Melvin R Rees <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 05:21:48 GMT
We have configured a number of Thermal Label Printers
(Allegra,Zebra,Sato) for use on the HP3000.  Most come with a serial
port so if you want a parallel interface make sure your printer has
one.  These printers are not at all like a normal printer.  In
general, each item you print will be preceded by a "header" and
follwed by a "trailer" and most everything is positioned and printed
individually.  Although they are not hard to program they can be very
tedious.  Make sure you get the programmers guides (they are an extra
charge on most printers).

Rgds
Mel Rees