HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

From:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doug Werth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:33:56 -0500
For those who don't have MPEX there still may be a solution to rescheduling
batch jobs. There is a CSL utility (the name escapes me right now but I
think it is called JOBSAVE) that is designed to save waiting and/or
scheduled batch jobs into a file and restore them back later, similar to the
old JSPOOK5. Normally this is used to retain batch jobs when you need to
reboot your system with the NORECOVERY option.

You might be able to use this utility to save the job, abort it, and
restream it with a new schedule time. If it works you could write a neat
command file to reschedule a job.

Does anybody have any experience with this utility that can confirm or deny
that this would work?

Doug. (are there enough "mays" and "mights" in there?)

Doug Werth                                     Beechglen Development Inc.
[log in to unmask]                                       Cincinnati, Ohio

The opinions expressed do not necessarily represent the views or opinions
of Beechglen Development. They might, but not necessarily. They represent
solely the opinions of the author.