HP3000-L Archives

December 1998, Week 1

From:
Tom Hula <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 15:45:58 GMT
I can't speak for the particular application, and speaking with apologies to
those who like or even prefer DOS applications...I have had nothing but
problems with certain DOS applications run on Windows 95 and have breathed a
sigh of relief each time I was able to replace it with a Windows 95
version.  Still have one more application (used to optimize saw runs) that
ran fine on Windows 3.1 and we have had nothing but problems with since we
moved to a "better machine" with Windows 95.  This doesn't answer the
"server" question, but I think your gut-reaction to refuse a DOS application
is a good one.  If nothing else, it probably expects a single-user
environment.  I'm sure if you keep looking, you will find what you want.