HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 4

From:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 14:51:12 +1100
The products on your subsys tape might be different on your 6.0 tape to your 5.5
tape. This could cause old versions of the network services mast files to be in
net.sys. Then when you stream jconfjob and do a nscontrol start it finds the
version mismatch and aborts. The usual problem I have seen here is that NS is
not on the new versions subsys tape. If you do a listf @mast.net.sys you will
see a number of mast files, which correspond to different services, such as VT.
By renaming the appropriate mast file and restreaming jconfjob the problem is
usually solved. In my experience NSSMAST is the usual culprit. Try renaming this
and restreaming jconfjob. The following are the mast files and their associated
products:

Network Products             "MAST" files

Token Ring/iX Link           NSMAST, VTCMAST, VTOMAST, VTSMAST
LAN3000/XL Link              NSMAST, VTCMAST, VTOMAST, VTSMAST
NS3000/XL NET Services       NSMAST, VTCMAST, VTOMAST, VTSMAST, RPMMAST,
                               NSSMAST
ARPA Services/iX (FTP)       NSMAST, VTCMAST, RPMMAST
HP FTAM 3000/iX              NSMAST, VTCMAST, RPMMAST
SNA DHCF/XL                  VTCMAST
Cooperative Services         HCSMAST
Information Access           HDSPMAST
Client/Server ALLBASE        HPIPMAST
Resource Sharing             PDSMAST
Information Access/SQL       SQLMAST

The nmmaint,6 should give you an idea into which module has the incorrect
version.

Richard Bayly
Hewlett-Packard Response Centre Australia