HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 4

From:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:09:28 -0800
Wirt among others replies to my question

>>> Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]> 11/23/98 12:31pm >>>
Michael Berkowitz asks:

> Is there a system variable on 6.0 only, that I can
>  check for its existence with the HPCIGETVAR intrinsic, to say I'm on
6.0
>  or not?

HPVERSION works well for gross OS-level determinations -- and it's
been in MPE
for quite some time now.

Wirt Atmar
I believe everyone is missing the point of my inquiry.  I'm not interested in
CI level checking, but within a program.  Second, I'm looking for a variable
that I can check for the existance, or non-existance of the system
variable with the status parameter of the HPCIGETVAR intrinsic.  I'm not
interested in any actual value of the variable.  Jeff's answer of
LISTJOBQ>$NULL comes closest and can be done by looking to see if
CIERROR 975 is returned by the COMMAND intrinsic or not, indicating 6.0
or not.  However if any one knows of a 6.0 only system variable, I like to
know.

Mike Berkowitz
Guess? Inc.