HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 4

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:22:18 -0800
Walter writes:
> That used to be true, but a recent enhancement now permits the ENTRY
> If you're on an older version of 5.5, you can get this functionality
> by ordering patch COBKXA2.

What puzzles me about this is that the functionality has been in the
loader for over a decade...and, I thought, in COBOL.

SPLash! has alternate entry points because we discovered that NM
COBOL had them ... back in 1987!  Had it not been for this, we wouldn't
have known how to generate entry points!

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html