HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 4

From:
Patrick Santucci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Santucci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 10:56:41 -0600
Gary Paveza wrote:

> You're absolutely right, I did not take into account newly purchased
> products.  And I don't think they should be.  In that case, you aren't
> doing an upgrade so the version number should remain as it is.

I agree, but I'm not sure if it will happen like that. If HP is using
the user version number as some kind of product list, it could change.
I'll compare version numbers before and after the update and let
everyone know whether it changes or not. (Unfortunately it won't be
soon, as we've scheduled it for Dec 18th.)

> And though your point is valid, in the case of the 100 mb card (at
> least here), we were told we needed to reapply PP4 (it was only after
> much talking to HP, that they narrowed it down to something like 8
> patches).

HPRC gave me a list of *12* patches that are needed for 100BT to work.
Some are on the PP4 tape, all are on the PP6 tape. We already have 9 of
them on our system, but according to the tech I talked with we must
reapply all 12 after updating from the Subsys tape. I'm not convinced
that's right, but I figure since I have to load 3 of the patches for
sure, it won't hurt to do the other 9 at the same time... system's down
anyway, what the heck, right? :-)

Regards,
Patrick
--