HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 3

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 16:27:44 +0000
Roy Brown wrote:

> Have you tried costing out the option of buying a small processor to
> write the OPRW code on, and just a runtime licence for the production
> box?
>
> AIUI, this can be a lot cheaper than the average 'conventional' upgrade
> costs on a big processor.

Unfortunately, there is no refund if you "downsize" to a smaller
system !

And, yes, this has been beaten to death before however, it probably
doesn't hurt to let new users know when deciding to purchase a new
report writer, for example, to be warned that certain vendors do gouge
for upgrades once they are tied in to their product (no, I didn't
mention the "C" word but then I guess that kinda defeats what I just
said....Is it Friday already?).

Cheers,
John Dunlop

E-mail : [log in to unmask]