HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 3

From:
Sam Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:57:06 -0500
On Tuesday, November 17, 1998 3:09 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:
> System: HP3000
> Server OS: MPE version 5
> Client: Terminally Emulation program running on Win95
>
> Is there a way, such as running a script on the server,  to monitor a user
> session's activity ? Specially, we need to know if a user's session has been
> idle for a period of time and automatically kill that session.
>
> Any input will be greatly appreciate. If possible, please reply with a copy:
> mailto:[log in to unmask]
>
> Edmund

There is a utility program on the CSL called 'Bouncer'.  It moniters CPU usage
on a session.  We used it for awhile until the users protested about having to
logon again and again.  We had the idle set for a 2 hour limit.

Regards,
--
Sam Knight                                     Email: [log in to unmask]
Senior Programmer/Analyst                      Phone: (904) 745-7509