HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 3

From:
Fritz Stockhammer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:41:44 GMT
Hi,
we have some WINNT 4.0 server, WINNT 4.0 WS and WIN 95 WS. At all we
have MS EURO fixes installed. Our printers are HP LJ 4, 5, 5Si, 4000
with tokenring netcards. One server is spooler for all netprinters.
The printerdrivers are the newest. The fonts are TTF.
Now we can print the EURO € font from a NT 4.0 WS without problems.
But from WIN 95 we cannot print the EURO font - MS TTF Arial, Times,
Courier - but we see this EURO sign in MS Word, MS Excel! Only print
does not work.
HP hotline say's "print TTF in bitmap" but this way is't ours, the net
traffic is great. The other way are 2 HP only Euro sign fonts, but
this handling are n't very quick.
Can you say me a good working way for this problem? What the
background for this problem - is it a MS or a HP problem?

PS: We have one TEK lasercolor printer, it's the same!

--
freundliche Gruesse - friendly greetings
     Fritz Stockhammer