HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 3

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:59:57 EST
Mark Landin asks:

> I was just wondering ... I haven't heard anything lately concerning
>  the 918DX program.
>
>  Did HP ever say how many systems were sold that way? Are we really
>  going to be seeing more MPE-based software systems because of this
>  program?

You're asking the question at least two or three years too early, Mark. Only
time will tell. But I do like the tone of your question. Perhaps you should
come to work here. When I give my most pessimistic, most conservative
estimates on how long it's going to take us to develop some program, I'm
roundly condemned for being wildly optimistic :-).

Nonetheless, more to the point of your question, I can say with assurance that
the one 918DX we've purchased has already helped us immensely.

Wirt Atmar