HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 3

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 19:43:27 +0000
Is it possible that you're using Security/3000 with Menus, Terry?  :-D

If so, that you can issue temporary "OP" capability to users who need to
run a certain Command or Program with the $WITHCAPS-PERMIT parameter in
your STREAMX.DATA file.  Then in your Menu, issue the Command or Program
using "WITHCAPS".

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Simpkins, Terry wrote:

> We have a need for users to be able to download spool files (they are not the creator of)
> to their PC.  When this was one or two users, we just gave them OP capability and that
> solved the problem.  Now this number of users is growing and the "brute force" solution
> is getting more undesireable.
>
> The spoolfiles are generally created in batch jobs, and having the user be the creator
> isn't an easy option.  Also, there are numerous times when several users need to
> download the same spoolfile.  Thismeans that even if we could have the user be the
> creator somehow, we haven't solved the problem.
>
> Any ideas on how to allow this, short of copying the spoolfiles to another GROUP.ACCOUNT
> and allowing read access to that GROUP.ACCOUNT?

Tracy Johnson