HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 3

From:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Furnivall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:23:21 -0600
At 12:59 PM 11/19/98 -0500, Chris Bartram wrote:

>You seem to be a cable and wireless victi...er... customer. C&W is having lots
>of trouble and not being very responsive to spam complaints. If I were *you*
>I'd call them and ask why their server(s) are blacklisted and what they're
>doing to recover their customers' connectivity. Lots of services and sites
>use Dorkslayers, so you're gonna have lots of other problems.

This is the same group that reliably and persistently and untrainably
informed me that TTL stood for Transistor-Transistor-Logic, and when I
susggested that perhaps it stood for Time To Live (we were discussing why
all of my packets were getting only three hops to where they were headed,
still inside their private network) he said that yes well, but that was the
sort of logic used to build the Internet, so why didn't I just wait a few
hours until the problem cleared itself up.

I gotta say, if I'd had my brand-new Through The Lens target acquisition
system, I'd have let him have it with both NICs.

Thanks for the info about Dorkslayers.

Tony The Dead Dork Furnivall