HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 3

From:
"Simpkins, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpkins, Terry
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:59:38 +0000
We have a need for users to be able to download spool files (they are not the creator of)
to their PC.  When this was one or two users, we just gave them OP capability and that
solved the problem.  Now this number of users is growing and the "brute force" solution
is getting more undesireable.

The spoolfiles are generally created in batch jobs, and having the user be the creator
isn't an easy option.  Also, there are numerous times when several users need to
download the same spoolfile.  Thismeans that even if we could have the user be the
creator somehow, we haven't solved the problem.

Any ideas on how to allow this, short of copying the spoolfiles to another GROUP.ACCOUNT
and allowing read access to that GROUP.ACCOUNT?

Terry W. Simpkins
Director ISIT
Lucas Control Systems