HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 3

From:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 10:03:33 -0500
I thought I would use this forum to air a pet peeve of mine. I know that
we don't usually do that on this server but please forgive me. Here
goes:

Why is it  disc space is measured in *SECTORS* when we using MPE (LISTF,
DISCFREE, ETC) but measured in *GB* when you go to buy it. I know the
conversion formula but why should I have to bother. If the operating
system measures disk in sectors the sell it in sectors. Technical people
buy or recommend buying disc sales people need to learn to talk like
their clients.

Thank you for indulging me.