HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 2

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 8 Nov 1998 13:41:29 -0800580_US-ASCII Hi,

Although off topic, I thought some people might be interested in:
http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/Projects/spacewar/

It's a java app that emulates a PDP-1 playing the original SPACEWAR!

SPACEWAR was important in my computer life ... I read the Analog S.F.
magazine article about it (circa 1969?), and got thoroughly hooked
on computers while writing a clone of it (on an IBM 1130 work-alike
called a Meta 4). Years later, I met one of the authors of the
original SPACEWAR, Bob Saunders. He also helped write MPE. Small world.40_8Nov199813:41:[log in to unmask]