HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 2

From:
Leonard Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leonard Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:02:32 -0500
You can generate the precursor of PDL, QSCHEMAC directly from an image data base with
the Cognos program ITOQ ("Image to Qschema"). I do not know whether Cognos still
supplies it on the tape. Once you have the output from ITOQ, it needs to be compiled
with the QDD utility, and again I do not know whether Cognos still supplies this
program. Once compiled, the PDL source commands to create the PHD can be milked from
the QSCHEMAC file via QSHOW. I do not have a QSHOW manual handy, but this step is
clearly documented. "QSCHEMAC" and "PHD" are formal file designators and can be
equated with the :FILE command to any file.

FYI, there is a PowerHouse e-mail list to which you can subscribe. Cognos support
personnel are active participants on this list. You can send a message to

In the body of the message:

     subscribe powerh-l

The subject will be ignored.

Leonard S. Berkowitz
mailto:[log in to unmask]
phone: (617) 972-9400 ext. 3250
fax:   (617) 923-5555

Gary Pastor <[log in to unmask]> on 11/09/98 09:33:01 AM

Please respond to Gary Pastor <[log in to unmask]>