HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 2

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 10:28:32 +0000
Folks,

I just received (here in the UK) a letter from my bank who also offer
Travel Insurance. I quote :

Your policy will include the following additional general exclusion to
section 18 :

"Delay, loss, damage, injury or consequential loss, directly or
indirectly caused by the actual or potential inability of any
computer, data processing equipment or media microchip, integrated
circuit or similar device or any computer software or stored programme
to correctly recognise any date as its true calendar date or to
continue to function correctly in respect of or beyond that date".

I figure that more than covers it but I wonder how anyone will prove
that a computer date problem has occurred?
Looks like I'm going anywhere over for a week or two around the turn
of the century. Probably be holed up with a few beers for a while and
hope the TV still works!

Cheers,

John Dunlop

E-mail : [log in to unmask]