HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 2

From:
Jim Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:49:47 -0800
Semware in Georgia started distributing Qedit for Dos in 1988 and I don't think they
had any idea about Qedit on the HP3000.    I am sure there was some agreement to
change the name, but no mention of it exists on either Robelle's or Semware's web
sites, other than the mention on Semware's web site that the former name of their
product was Qedit and that Qedit is a trademark of Robelle.

I purchased and used Qedit back in 1989 after obtaining and using a shareware copy.
I was very impressed as it was nicely configurable and had a good macro language.
The new name is TSE Jr. (The Semware Editor Junior).    They do have a Windows
95/98/NT version called TSE Pro (The Semware Editor Pro).  To be fair, they did make
a quality product, even if it was confused with the real thing.   I don't think it
was meant as a rip-off.   Just an accident of naming.     Of course, it was a little
hard to browse the web and get information back then.  ;-)

Gee, that reminds me of Gopher, Archie, and Veronica .....   And reading about WAIS
... Those were the days!

--
Jim Alexander   Longs Drug Stores
Sr. Systems Programmer  925-210-6901