HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 2

From:
David Mendoza <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Mendoza <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:02:51 -0800
Ron,

We are still enhancing and supporting our Vista Plus for Windows
product on the HP/3000. Our customer base continues to grow as
companies are realizing supporting a printing environment is
expensive, labor intensive and prone to lots of errors.

Most companies are surprised at all the functionality (online viewing,
archiving, security, automated capture, etc) available in the
product. We have been agressively developing the product since
1991.

Give us a call and we will provide a demo of the product.

Our Automated Report Distribution product "Vista Plus" has been
helping HP/3000, Unix and NT users transition from report printing
to electronic report distribution for many years now. While
dramatically reducing the amount of reports that are printed on
a daily, weekly and monthly basis, our customers report users have
seen their productivity dramatically improved. MIS personnel
repsonsible for report distribution are freed up to perform more
important tasks and have less issues to deal with since report
printing is reduced.

For your data center, Vista Plus stream lines the business process
of report distribution. Printed reports are replaced with
Electronic Reports resulting in a dramatic reduction in labor and
material costs required to distribute production reports to end
users.

               Electronic Reports vs Printed Reports

    Electronic Reports                  Printed Reports
-------------------------------  -------------------------------
Minimal labor required           Lots of labor required
Non Recurring Costs              Many Recurring Costs
Secure                           Less Secure
Reduces Expenses                 Increases Expenses
Improves Productivity            Hinders Productivity
Reusable Storage Media           Non Reusable Storage Media (Paper)
Storage Costs Decreasing         Storage Costs Increasing
Easy to Access Archived Reports  Difficult to Access Archived Rpts
Immediate Access to Reports      Report Users Wait for Reports
Savings > $100,000 annually      Expenses > $100,000 annually
Report Analysis Simple           Report Analysis Difficult

There are more than 1000 businesses utilizing Vista Plus for Windows with
their HP/3000 and HP/9000 business applications.  These applications include
ManMan, AMISYS, MACS, SAP R/3, BAAN, PeopleSoft and Oracle Applications.

Dave Mendoza
Quest Software
800-306-9329  x2418