HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 2

From:
Therm-O-Link <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Therm-O-Link <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 08:34:39 -0500
Wayne Laughton writes:

>Since the upgrade on the weekend, our users have been complaining of
>being locked out of the database (the 3000 app tells users that
>Database is busy) consistantly. Apart from the upgrade to 5.5, nothing
>else has changed.

We've only run ODBC under 5.5, so I don't know how ours would run under
any other version of the O/S; but, we also have this problem on occasion.

The first thing you must ensure is that the ODBC listener is running in
a high priority queue (like CS).  Secondly, when ever we have this problem
it's due to a stalled transaction (which is why we use the first solution).

Stopping and re-starting the ODBC listenere usually clears this up.

Just my anecdotal experience, your results may vary.

Jim Phillips                            Manager of Information Systems
Voice: (915) 860-9933                   Therm-O-Link of Texas, Inc.
  Fax: (915) 860-9936                   1295 Henry Brennan
Email: [log in to unmask]       El Paso, Texas   79936