HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 2

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 00:00:17 -0500
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Does anybody here know if the source for QUAD has ever been published,
> or if it has ever been ported to any unix platforms?

I seriously doubt it has been ported, as QUAD was record-oriented and
would not edit variable-length files by nature (which unix bytestream
files are definitely not record oriented).

As for the source, the founding father was Jim Kramer, and I think he's
on the list and can probably give you a definitive answer to that.

But if you must deal with unix, it's hard to avoid vi and/or emacs so
just bite the bullet and get used to it :-)

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>