HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 1

From:
"David A. Warner" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David A. Warner
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 13:30:31 -0800
Greetings!

Did you try this?

Point your browser to http://rs.internic.net/ and use the WHOIS database to
lookup registered domain names. Enter the domain name of the site that this
company setup for you. It should retrieve the Registrant's name,
Administrative name Technical name and Billing Contact, all with phone
numbers and e-mail addresses.

Hope this helps!

David Warner

Genesis wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I have an unusual problem, and was wondering if any of you web savvy
> persons out there could help.  We have been targeted by one of those new
> "set up a web site for your company and charge you on your phone bill"
> company's, and after telling them no, no again, telling them NOT to do
> this, they did, and charged my phone bill.  After removing the charge,
> e-mailing and calling them to remove the page ( which is terrible by the
> way) I thought it was finished.  However I can still find the page and
> go to it.  All e-mails are returned, and phone nonexistent, but the Web
> server is still working somewhere.  How do I track this down?  This is a
> serious issue for me, because if someone find this sorry excuse for a
> site they will surely never call, and I've lost a potential customer or
> give a current customer a bad impression.  Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris Miller
> Genesis Total Solutions, Inc.
> http://www.gttsinc.com
> 205-252-9446

David A. Warner, Partner            mailto:[log in to unmask]
Warner Electronic Systems Team        http://www.westbase.com/
P.O. Box 15269                       Voice: 707-528-9378
Santa Rosa, CA  95402-7269 USA         Fax: 707-528-9408
Internet Marketing and E-Commerce
Independent Hardware and Software VAR/ISV/Consultants