HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 1

From:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Bayly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:17:04 +1100
You can use the SHOWCLKS.PUBXL.TELESUP program to check the GMT, software
time, and TZ variable. Speedware will use the TZ variable so it will need to
be set. The CTIME variable is also displayed which will use the value of the
TZ variable. The value of the TZ variable will depend on your timezone, and
can be found from the TZTAB.LIB.SYS file. Most sites that use TZ have a
system wide UDC that sets the value of TZ when the user logs on. No you will
need to enusre that GMT, software clock, and TZ are all set correctly. Try
the following:

:setclock date=060894;time=18:08
:setclock timezone=E10:00
:setclock ;cancel
:setclock date=060894;time=18:10;now
:setvar TZ 'EST-10EDT' will give you the following:

Current value of Time Zone(TZ) variable : EST-10EDT

Regards
Richard Bayly
Hewlett Packard Response Centre, Australia