HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 1

From:
Glenn Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:13:57 -0800
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
I *hate* not having manuals.

I'm writing a job that will behave differently depending on whether it is
submitted with MPE's :STREAM or with Maestro's :MSTREAM .

I think I can use something like

        !setvar  x  "?(MYVAR)"
        !if lft( x,1 ) = "?"
        !   setvar  mstreamed_job  FALSE
        !else
        !   setvar  mstreamed_job  TRUE
        !endif

The only thing is, if MYVAR is not a known variable to Maestro,
then an error msg is displayed and the job is not submitted. :(

So the real question is, is there a Maestro variable that is
"guaranteed" to be present?

Is there a better way to do this?

I looked for documentation in the CCC account, and I looked on Unison's web
site, and I ran MSTREAM with info strings of "?" and "HELP," and I did a
quick STFW, and came up with nothing all around.  Maybe I should just use
STREAMX and be done with it.

Thanks!

--Glenn Cole
  Software al dente, Inc.