HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 1

From:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:01:28 -0800
On Nov 5, 12:09pm, Joshua Johnson wrote:
> I am using the volume management UDC's from HP's web sight. I ran into a
> problem that resulted in a BULDJOB1 purging the PUB group in a account
> which purged all of the files that were not being accessed, including my
> databases. The problem seems to be that the NEWACCT udc executed but did not
> generate a CIERROR when the account already existed. So when the BULDJOB1
> checked for CIERROR=0 it was true and it did a PURGEGROUP PUB.<account>.

I have updated the volume mgmt UDCs on jazz to fix this problem.  It's
Joshua's fix and he has verified that it is compatible with BULDACCT.

Jeff Vance, CSY.

p.s.  The version on jazz also has a fix for Long's so that 3rd party
install jobs that define TRUE and FALSE (e.g. setjcw true=1) are
able to use the NEWACCT and NEWGROUP UDCs.