HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 1

Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:48:31 -0600
Hello all:

I have an unusual problem, and was wondering if any of you web savvy
persons out there could help.  We have been targeted by one of those new
"set up a web site for your company and charge you on your phone bill"
company's, and after telling them no, no again, telling them NOT to do
this, they did, and charged my phone bill.  After removing the charge,
e-mailing and calling them to remove the page ( which is terrible by the
way) I thought it was finished.  However I can still find the page and
go to it.  All e-mails are returned, and phone nonexistent, but the Web
server is still working somewhere.  How do I track this down?  This is a
serious issue for me, because if someone find this sorry excuse for a
site they will surely never call, and I've lost a potential customer or
give a current customer a bad impression.  Thanks in advance,

Chris Miller
Genesis Total Solutions, Inc.
http://www.gttsinc.com
205-252-9446