HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 1

From:
Joshua Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:09:28 -0500
I am using the volume management UDC's from HP's web sight. I ran into a
problem that resulted in a BULDJOB1 purgeing the PUB group in a account
which purged all of the files that were not being accessed, including my
databases. The problem seems to be that the NEWACCT udc executed but did not
generate a CIERROR when the account already existed. So when the BULDJOB1
checked for CIERROR=0 it was true and it did a PURGEGROUP PUB.<account>.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Jeff Vance if you get this can you
email me so we may discuss this further. I would like to discuss writing a
fix for this problem, thank you.

Sincerely,
Joshua Johnson
HP3000 System Manager