HP3000-L Archives

November 1998, Week 1

From:
"Trudeau, James L" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trudeau, James L
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 11:57:11 -0700
On Wednesday, November 04, 1998 12:29 PM, Hough, Roland
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> You could be like me and leave entries in an HMO provider database like
> "Frauds'R'us" and "Gerry's Slice and Dice" for provider names....
>
> I almost lost my job over it when a salesperson was doing a demo and
didn't
> realize she'd got one of those on her lcd!

Howdy,

Another cutie is when you're throwing something together under the time line
gun and the code line requires some sort of error handling.  You figure "Hmm
ain't no way it's ever going to get here" so you just jam something in to
make the compiler/whatever happy and go clean it up later.

So I wound up with some Very Important Person on the phone with a (my
)program which
was being a bit balky in one particular area.  When I asked what the error
message was he told me "'scuse me while I kiss the sky".  Oops.

Well I was a lot younger then.  What can I say.

James "still learning" Trudeau