HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 5

From:
Ross Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ross Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:09:12 -0800
I have Express 3 on our 927LX and just received Express 6. Do we have
to install 3,4,5 before 6. HP rep told me that it wasn't necessary.

The confusion is that we created POWERPATCH 6, not Express 6.
Basically, we picked up about a dozen generally released patches
(including the one that removes the PP5 problem patch) and called it
Powerpatch 6.  PP6 does have a new "Read Before Install" document that
should be included in the PP6 shipment.  It does not have a separate
Communicator.
Each Powerpatch & Express is a superset of the previous Powerpatches
and Expresses.  So, your Powerpatch 5 Communicator is still valid.
If you install PP6, you will not have to worry about the reactive
patch issues with Powerpatch 5 -- PP6 was developed to address all
those issues.

Hope this helps.
Jon Cohen
MPE Release Management