HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 5

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:38:48 EST
Gary writes:

> The
>  warrior answered, "It's elementary. The value of the squaw of the
>  hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws of the other two hides."

While that joke is as old as the hills, it did dredge up terrible memories of
my own.

During the worst of the HP3000 crisis, about ten years ago, when I wasn't sure
that the HP3000 would survive, I became exceptionally concerned about the
HP3000's future, as well as my own. I unfortunately overreacted during that
period and become quite agitated.

Finally, I had to go to a psychiatrist. I told him that sometimes I feel like
a wigwam. And then, just a little later, I feel like a teepee. And then almost
immediately, I feel like a wigwam again. It just accelerates, back and forth,
all day long, wigwam, teepee, wigwam...

The psychiatrist said, "Relax, Wirt! You're just two tents!"

Wirt Atmar