HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 5

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:32:49 EST
Winston Kriger writes:

> Wirt Atmar writes:
>
>  >I'm sure that there's not, but any good machinist could quite readily
>  >synthesize the necessary mount. We've done that ourselves for other pieces
>  >of HP equipment that weren't originally meant to be rack mounted.
>
> 9X7s and 9X8s could be ordered in either standalone or rackmount
> configurations, and I believe the rack-mount kits and matching cabinets
> may still be available. I did this back in '92 for a 917/LX using all
factory
> parts.  I "think" the 9X8LX/RX kit might be P/N "A2962A" (from my
> 1994 configuration guide).

The nice thing about this list is that should you say something that's quite
wrong, it won't be but a minute or two before you find out :-).

I went and measured our 918; clearly anything that is 17.0" tall was quite
likely designed to be rackmountable.

However, let me reiterate the second part of my first response (the part that
was more correct). If the rack mounting kit is no longer available, a good
machinist could easily synthesize one in just an afternoon, for about the same
price as Glenn Dydo mentioned.

Wirt Atmar