HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 4

From:
Tim Ericson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Ericson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:30:33 -0700
You wrote:

> Is anyone aware of a Qedit or Mpex command file that will search
> for a particular string in a text file, then print or list a
> pre-selected number of lines before and/or after the line that
> the string appears on?

Try this one as a starting point:

http://www.denkor.com/hp3000/command_files/Vesoft/search.txt

You could modify it to include some of the options mentioned by
the other posters...

If you do, please send it back my way, and I'll put it onto the
'samples' page, too! -- see the link below.

HTH!

  My mind is my own, as are my ideas and opinions.
  My heart, body, and soul, however, all belong to others.       Tim.
  Tim Ericson            tericson      DenKor Dental Management Corp.
  Sr. Systems Analyst     at denkor    503-526-4440 (my direct number)
    (& Systems Manager)     dot com         http://www.denkor.com
  Programming HP3000s since 1983!      Quality dental care since 1970!
  UDCs and Command Files:  http://www.denkor.com/hp3000/command_files