HP3000-L Archives

October 1998, Week 4

From:
Greg Albert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Albert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:49:02 -0500
I am new at this so be gentle.........

We are in the process of purchasing equipment and establishing
communications links to a newly acquired company.

Our plan is to print to remotely located serial HP line printers from
our HP3000 928LX which is connected to our NT server via ThinLan. The
server will communicate to the remote location server via a T1 line and
Cisco 3600 routers. Are ther any additional hardware/software issues we
need to consider for this TCP/iP connection?

Or more simply put, what is the best way for us to communicate from our
HP3000 928LX to remotely located serial line printers?

Thanks for your help.

Greg
Lodi, WI (Home of "Susie the Duck")